Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Blogmas Day 2

On the second day of blogmas my true Jen gave to me


Day 2: Introduce yourself


Now that I think about it I don't think I have ever introduced myself
I have introduced other people but never myself

So my name is Valeria, I go by Vale

Above is a picture of me before I died the bottoms of my hair and my colorist fucked it all up... Yeah
I mean I would still take a recent picture but I have a wisdom tooth growing out and half my face is swollen
It is NOT fun.

So I am 20 years old, I live in southern California and have NO idea what people would like to know about me besides I LOVE books and my favorite youtuber is SimplyNailLogical

Books arent the only thing I have a lot of, I used to collect nail polish so I have over 100 nail polish bottles, which also means I used to do my nails every week, I was well known for it.
I also have a crap ton of movies and because my friends travel a lot, I also collect small snowglobes.


Another thing about me is that I like to paint!
My style of painting is an odd one that I honestly don't know why I do it like that all the time. I like to work with matte paints and then typically do details with a shine coat on the top


 So this one is actually a present for someone that I made, all the lettering I decided was going to go ahead and stand out. This one is not my design, it is actually by Risa Rodil I believe, so if you want one go buy one from her page. I added the feet and the whole shine so you wouldnt find it like that and the coloring is also different, I adapted it to what the receiver would like and that I could actually do.











This one I never did find out who made it but I changed the colors as well and for the shine aspect or "stand-out" I did silver pain for the bow, copper for the arrow and gold for the pin and covered it with gloss so it all stands out















This one is probably the one that wasthe hardest to do and so not what I am used to painting. It was actually the first large canvas that I ever did as well. I honestly don't know how i managed to do the clouds xD The stand out aspect of this one is the city skyline.













This one I saw on bookstagram and I remember commenting, Im totally doing this! I changed all the colors and what the books all say xD, the stand out aspect was actually the whole background, decided to keep all the lettering and books matte.














So here are 3 of my biggest loves. Marissa Meyer, Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games! The shine aspect of the Targaryen crest was of course going to be the dragon but it been months and I have yet to get to it ! The words one was a bookmark that I saw and I was like imma make this into a canvas.... The bookmark was much prettier.













The stars are all the shine aspect... Yeah, that was a bitch and a half to paint xD

















I am not creative to be honest, with personal paintings I am really not because I hate all my work and unless I know how it is going to look in the ends, I wont actually work on it. I need to have a solid idea of what I am dealing with or other wise I wont put any effort on it. Wrong, I will put effort but I will simply hate it all the time xD

There is also a small painting I did for someone that was the yellow umbrella from how I met your mother that in gloss, inside the umbrella, actually had a bunch of phrases from the show, it is honestly one of the collest things I have ever done but sadly I don't have a picture of it. And I also painted BB8 and the silver in the circles were the shine aspect of it, I also do not have a picture of that.

Those are honestly some of the biggest things about me