Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Topic Tuesday: Reading Challenge

Episode 14: Reading challenges


So as the end of the year approaches, I am going to talk about reading challenges, what I read, which books I liked the most, the least, my next goal and yeah... All that good stuff.
Goal:
So this year is the first year that I set myself a reading goal and since this year I decided to really and truly focus on my blog, I set myself for 52 books. One book a week since I do one review a week (Sometimes more though) I decided that one book a week sounds good for a challenge.

For the books I will mention below, I will link the review, if it's published already (I have about 50 unpublished- scheduled reviews) and I will mention a bit about that book, just so the post is not so dry. Also, in the BOTTOM 5, it doesnt exactly mean the book was overall bad. but there was something about it that made ME not like the book

All the books where tough to put u.u

I actually went past that and read 81 this year!!!! (December 22)

So my top 10 books that I read/ re-read this year areeee


1. The One of a Kind Cat Book - Ciye Cho

Oh this book was so colorful and adorable and SO freaking creative! It couldnt not make it onto my list ! I seriously recommend it for any and all cat lovers

2. Winter - Marissa Meyer (REVIEW)

I mean... Its Marissa Meyer, anything by her is fantastic along with Kelly Oram, the book was everything it needed to be

3. Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo (REVIEW)

I remember how excited I was when I got it in the mail, and the book, from the very first chapter, I was HOOKED!

4. The Raft - S. A. Booden

THIS BOOK HAD SUCH A PLOT TWIST! Before the plot twist I was like okay, this book is pretty darn good, then BAM! The book became legendary in my eyes xD

5. Why not me?- Mindy Kailing (REVIEW)

Oh how I love Mindy after her book! Sure she was already great but her book is simply so funny and releatable and down to earth and awesome.

6. The Royal Wedding - Meg Cabot

It's the end to the Princess Diaries, we grew up with them, okay maybe not the end but... ITS THE WEDDING! And it was AMAZING

7. The Martian - Andy Weir (REVIEW)

Seriously one of my favorite books now, the book is so funny and so addictive, sure, the movie was good but the BOOK was out of this world

bada ttsk!

Plus ! I got to interview the author (READ INTERVIEW HERE)and it was honestly one of the best blogging moments of the year! ONE 

8. The Avery Shaw Experiment - Kelly Oram (REVIEW)


Anything by Kelly Oram will always make it on my list, this book was adorable!

9. Ten Girls to Watch - Charity Shumway

I LOVED this book! This is the type of book one needs to read after a break up, total "chick- lit" some might say but it is also about learning to appreciate yourself and value yourself

10. Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins



This book broke my heart into a million pieces (Almost sure I said that in the review as well) before it fixed it right and happy. I loved the Anna and the French Kiss series and *sighs* I just loved this book.

My bottom 5 books areeeeeee

1. Life and Death - Stephanie Meyer

Okay, that ending? No. Just.. NO. That was cruel and uncalled for and the fact that more books wont come along for us to get used to the new characters kinda made me hate the book... Not HATE but its a bottom 5 book

2. Last Year's Mistake - Gina Ciocca
The main character was just crazy annoying. She got on my nerves so badly I just could no even finish the book >.> I tried for the longest time!

3. The Hunger but Maily Death Games - Bratniss Everclean
As much as this book was a parody, it was just unreadable for me

4. Never Always Sometimes - Adi Alsaid
Okay so the book was good, AMAZING really, Alsaid has yet to disappoint me with a plot or story telling it's well written and everything. But this time it was for PERSONAL reasons that the ending of this book destroyed me in a way that was just too real to my personal life and I HATED IT, like I got to much into the character and so their ending was not something I wanted, I wanted a different ending. To be honest, if you are thinking about this book, I say you need to go for it, do not be turned of by me having been destroyed by it.

5. Fifty Shames of Earl Grey - Fanny Merkin (REVIEW)
Just... No... Horrible for me, horrible. It was too much



For next year, I going to set my goal to 60 because even though I read 81 this year, I don't want to feel the pressure to go over that or get that again this year, I want to slowly work my way to that.

Also, this year, for every book I read, I would out a dollar in a jar and with that money I will be buying myself COMIC CON TICKETS! Aw yeah !