Thursday, July 30, 2015

Review: Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin


Rate:
3/5

Young, arrogant, tycoon Earl Grey seduces the naïve coed Anna Steal with his overpowering good looks and staggering amounts of money, but will she be able to get past his fifty shames, including shopping at Walmart on Saturdays, bondage with handcuffs, and his love of BDSM (Bards, Dragons, Sorcery, and Magick)? Or will his dark secrets and constant smirking drive her over the edge? 

Review:
I had high hopes for it and I was actually dissapointed by it. Sure it had its funny parts and things that I honestly thought about when I read the Fifty Shades series. (Like how Anna went through college without a computer. I use a computer for ALL my work, often times my work can ONLY be done on a computer >.>) But the humor in it was a little crude at points and it wasnt what I could consider particularly funny. I dont know if it was just me but sometimes I just found it offensive at parts. I liked it for some points that it made, it had very plain mockings towards E.L James and I found it funny but other times I just wanted to put the book down and never pick it up again XD It was such a short book I couldnt bring myself to just ditch it. It was a bit hard to finish XD

Recommend it?
I mean.. Its a fast read.. But it had some hard humor.. I dont think its for everyone. I personally wouldnt recommend it to my friends... So no, not really I wouldnt recommend it.