Monday, August 10, 2015

Review: Anne and Henry by Dawn Ius #HEADSWILLROLL.

9781481439
Rate:
4/5

Goodreads Description:
In this wonderfully creative retelling of the infamous—and torrid—love affair between Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII, history collides with the present when a sizzling romance ignites in a modern-day high school.

Henry Tudor’s life has been mapped out since the day he was born: student body president, valedictorian, Harvard Law School, and a stunning political career just like his father’s. But ever since the death of his brother, the pressure for Henry to be perfect has doubled. And now he’s trapped: forbidden from pursuing a life as an artist or dating any girl who isn’t Tudor-approved.

Then Anne Boleyn crashes into his life.

Wild, brash, and outspoken, Anne is everything Henry isn’t allowed to be—or want. But soon Anne is all he can think about. His mother, his friends, and even his girlfriend warn him away, but his desire for Anne consumes him.

Henry is willing to do anything to be with her, but once they’re together, will their romance destroy them both?

Inspired by the true story of Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII, Anne & Henry beautifully reimagines the intensity, love, and betrayal between one of the most infamous couples of all time.

Review:
So  I got this book the other day, thanks to the wonderful author and publisher over at Simon and Schuster.
I wouldve finished it a day earlier than expected but I went out u.u But it was freaking good.

First off. I want to talk cover. This one deserves a cover talk. 
Sexy. 
Im not the type to find shirtless guys on the covers a sexy book. I have so much more respect for a fully clothed sexy cover xD and this is one of those that just caught my attention. Then I had gone to the description of the book and was like... I need it in my life. So I contacted the proper people and the puclisher was kind enough so send me a copy. 
Audrey, if you read this... Thanks xD

Book itself
So I have always been a fan of like... retelling stories, I dont know why, I just always find them so interesting for authors to add their own twist, especially stories that have been modernized such as this one. 
I love the way that its written. Some parts of the book might be
just
like
this.
And I found it funny because thats sometimes the way I text xD I feel like sometimes its the only way to get the proper emotion across xD its weird xD like an additional dramatic pause it added.
Now. There is a scene about the murder mystery dinner... That sounds like so much fun!!! I cant even xD it was a fairly short scene in my opinion, like things sometimes seemed to go a bit fast, but when I read that scene I was like 
Damn.
I need to have one of those dinners in my lifetime. 
ANYWAYSSSSS.

The ending... The ending killed me. Firstly, the ending was symbolic as *&%$, if you know the original story from real history, youll get it. At first I was kind of mad but then I was like no, this is the way it SHOULD be done, I like it!I felt so bad for Anne though u.u 

One of the things I didnt like about this book was that I felt like I was missing some parts xD Like at points the story would go really fast or as if I was simply missing some text in my book or something. But still, it didnt make in a bad book. I still enjoyed it.

Recommend it?
Yups, this is a good in between books type of book.