Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday B.S.: Logan Ashley LeDuc

Saturday Blogger Special

Episode 10: Logan Ashley LeDuc

So this week we welcome a friend , Logan ! I actually met Logan back when there was a lovely little blog called The Book Elves (cute huh) until everyone decided to focus on their personal blogs and so Logans amazing new blog was born! Lets find out more about her!



Hi!  Okay, here goes!
Name: 
Logan Ashley LeDuc

Picture of you: 


Where can we stalk you?

 How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for years. I had my own website years ago (I can't even remember the name of it!) But I would write reviews and be really nasty about them. I don't think anyone ever read them, thankfully, but I closed the site and got busy with 'middle school stuff' as I used to call it. That was back when I was 14 or so. I'm now 21 and (hopefully) much more appreciative of the effort and hard work that goes into the books/subscription boxes I review.

 How did you come up with your blog name?
It's my name! I use the site for my writing/personal updates as well and figured it'd be easy to find.

About how many books do you own?
I own over 800 books, and have only read about half of them.
V: thats insane!
Serious goals though

 One book you wish ended differently?
I really wish Allegiant had ended differently. I dunno, I always felt like the ending was unnecessary and just a way to shock the reader - if you've read it I'm sure you understand. Haha.

V: *gasp* I don't know what you mean

  #bookshelftruth how do your bookshelves look RIGHT NOW! No fixing them 

 Top 5 TBR books
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Adhieh, Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman, Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley, and These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly.

 Favorite book genre and why?
I'm a HUGE fan of Historical Fiction mostly because I like things that are at least partially true. That makes it all seem so much more real to me. If just the events happening around these characters that never existed is all that's true, it makes me fall in love with it so much more.

V: Huh, never thought of them that way :o, totes gotta read one now with that mind set

 Any blogging tips for new reviewers?
Don't give up! Get on all forms of social media and learn the power of a hashtag. It's amazing how much more people can find you if you tag your photo/post. Also, chat with other people who post similar things! Don't comment, "great post, follow me?" because that really upsets the original poster and makes them think you're just looking for follows. If you post something like, "Interesting take on this book. I felt that the characters were.....blahblahblah. I wrote my own review on it, you should check it out!" That way they know that you read what they wrote and they can go to your page and see how you felt about it too. Plus, it's a great way to make friends!

V: It truly is! 

 Favorite stand alone book?
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

 Was there a book that made you want to start blogging? Which one was it?
Not really, thought it was just an easier way to organize my reviews and get them out to as many people as possible outside of Goodreads, so I just went for it!

 Favorite book character and why?
Luna Lovegood, for the fact that she is so incredibly comfortable being herself and she is just an all-around kind-hearted person and is always looking to help and do what's right while still staying true to herself.


 Most reread book?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone which I have read 78 times. :D

V: THATS SO FREAKING INSANE!!!!

 How do you choose your next read?
Totally random - if I see someone post about a book, I might just go for it, or I might just pick one off my shelf at random.

 Least favorite book character? Why.
Dolores Jane Umbridge. Need I say more.


 Top 3 favorite book covers? 




 Thank You so much for being here today Logan, it was a pleasure to have you here. 
Readers, feel free to go and check out Logan's sites, she's a VERY active bookworm and I know you LOVE her !