Saturday, December 12, 2015

Staurday B.S : Fiction Tea

Episode 9: Fiction Tea- Lauren

THIS week we welcome Lauren from Fiction Tea! it's always so nice to get to interview other bloggers, I seriouly love it ! I love interviewing people, period. 
Make sure to check out  her sites and I hope you enjoy :D

Name: Lauren ( @FictionTea )



Picture of you: Prefer to remain anonymous, but I have attached a picture you can use.

V:Perfectly acceptable :D Adds to the mystery 

Where can we stalk you?
-Twitter: 
 @FictionTea

-Blog: 
 I have a blog in the works.

V: Can't wait to see!

-Goodreads: 
FictionTea

-Instagram:  
@FictionTea


1. How long have you been blogging:
 I have been blogging for one year and two and a half months. I started my blog on September 19th 2014 and it’s honestly been amazing, I’ve made so many friends.

V: No way ! I started about the same time! 2 Days after you I believe, but I have since hidden those post, they were pretty horrible xD

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
 I sat for hours trying to come up with a username, but in the end I thought combining two things that I love would be the best username for me. I love Fiction, of course, and you never see me without a cup of tea.

3. Blogging must haves: 
Books, of course. A DSLR (Not exactly a must have, but if you like high quality pictures, you should definitely have one), some adorable bookmarks and some bookish merchandise. I love buying from bookwormboutique (@bookwormboutique) and Evie Seo ( @EvieBookish ), their designs are incredible. And of course, a cuppa' coffee or tea.

4. Current read? 
‘Winter’ by Marissa Meyer, I’m not ready for this series to be over so I am really taking my time reading this final installment to The Lunar Chronicles series.

V: I absolutely LOVED it ! That's all i'll say without spoiling for anyone

5.  Top 3 favorite book covers?
 ‘The Bone Season’ by Samantha Shannon, ‘The Night Circus’ by Erin Morgenstern and ‘A Darker Shade of Magic’ by VE Schwab. These are my current favourites, they tend to change now and then, but one favourite that is always in my top three is ‘The Bone Season’ by Samantha Shannon. Not only is this my favourite colour, but this series is my all time favourite and I highly recommend everyone checks it out.

6. Favorite color?  
Green and Purple, but if I had to choose one, it would be Green.

7. Favorite movie?  
The Lord of the Rings movie series, specifically ‘Return of The King’.

8. Blogging pet peeves?
 Probably when people don’t respond to your comments. I’ve seen multiple blogs who don’t really take the time to answer their followers or they only respond to their friends. This is perfectly fair enough if the blogger is busy or they have an insane amount of comments, but if the blogger has time then they could really take a minute to respond to a simple comment. If a person has taken their time to follow your blog and check it whenever they are online, then you should have the time to return their comments. That’s my opinion though. I always take the time to respond to my comments to the best of my ability. 

9. #bookshelftruth, how does your bookshelf look RIGHT NOW, *picture, don’t organize the. 
 I’d rather not, it’s truly embarrassing. I have such a small room and far too many books.

V:  Not embarrasing at all xD just comes to show the struggle of being an active bookworm. OCD doesn't allow me to be normal in that aspect, I clean my shelves weekly, take them all down and redo them... Its a horrible habit really xD

10. Tips for new reviewers? 
Be yourself (I know that sounds cliché, but its so true). Post regularly, and be honest in your posts. Don’t make it a chore, book blogging is supposed to be a fun hobby and if you make it a chore in your life then you won’t enjoy it like you should. Make yourself known, comment on photos, like them, talk to people. The online book community it the nicest out there and if you make yourself known, you are guaranteed to make some friends! Lastly, Just have fun, that’s what this community is all about, having fun and reading books.

11. One book genre you wouldn’t read or review? 
 Probably Non-Fiction. The thing I like about books is escaping into fantastical lands and meeting new characters, that’s what keeps me hooked. I just don’t get the same excitement in Non-Fiction books.

12. One random thing about you? 
I have met Billy Boyd ( Pippin from LoTR) twice in my local ASDA. He used to live ten minutes from me so it was almost a common thing to see him there with his wife and kids. He’s a lovely guy.
V: That is so amazing!!! 
13. favorite book character? Why?  
Arcturus Mesarthim AKA Warden from ‘The Bone Season’ series by Samantha Shannon. There are no words really to explain how much I love  this character, it’s border-lining on obsession really. He is just such a well rounded character and despite being completely fictional, he is so real. He has his flaws, his strengths, his weaknesses, he’s not invincible and he is so incredibly classy, even when he is strutting around “Naked as sin”. 

14. Favorite actress or/and actor?
 I don’t really have a favourite actor or actress, I just have many who I like. Currently, I have been enjoying Chris Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain a lot recently and I’ve just found out that they will be in the new Huntsman movie next year and that excites me quite a bit.

V: Im very excited myself
So this was Lauren from Fiction Tea ! It was very lovely to have been able to interview her! Make sure to check out her sites and what she has to say about books :D