Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Topic Tuesday: Favorite Book Characters

Episode 9: Top 5 Guys and Top 5 Girls

So this week I shall talk about my top ten favorite book characters n.n I decided to go with top 5 women and top 5 male characters.

They go in no particular order of favoritism and I mention 2 things I like most about them n.n
Many of them are my favorites for being bas-asses and smart xD

Lets get on with it

Guys:

 Mark Watney: The Martian- Andy Weir
- Funny: He has a certain sarcasm that even though he is going through really shitty things, he still manages to maintain and pulls through. Sometimes characters with sarcasm can be a bit annoying, but not Mark.
-Strong: Not just physically but mentally as well, in the book it mentions that he IS mentally strong but even people on earth thought that his being abandoned would severely affect him, but it didn't


 Carswell Thorne: Cress- Marissa Meyer
-Funny: Like Watney, he is sarcastic and he pretty much does not have a filter which is just hilarious.
*Serious situation*
CT: Holy crap! is that all hair?!
-Charming: and he KNOWS it too! How can we not fall in love


 Edward Cullen: Twilight- Stephanie Meyer
-Romantic: Maybe a bit much, but who doesn't love a romantic, someone that would do all of these things for them (and no I'm not talking about obsessive, that's a con xD)
-Talented: I'm not talking about being fast and seeing well and all of the things that come with being a vampire, I'm talking about being able to play the piano and such. (Im a sucker for the piano)


 Severus Snape: Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling
-Loyal: Sure he lost his way for a time, but when it came to the love of his life, he turned against the bad and became a spy, that is pretty brave as well.
-Evil: By that I mean that he has a bad side, he is a bit evil, he is not all good. And I dig that. It's realistic, for people to have a bad side.


 Albus Dumbledore: Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling
-Bad-ass: I should not even have to explain this, all of the things he has done in his life as just bad ass.
*Biggest, baddest dude comes back from near death*
AD: GTFO, go near my people and I will end you... And I have a lot of people... WATCH YOURSELF!
-Loving: Even though he is a bad-ass, he is a bad-ass because he is so loving! He cares for people and their well being. Not just Harry.


Gals:

 Linh Cinder: Cinder- Marissa Meyer
-Selfless: All she wanted was to be left alone by her step-mother and be free, but once shit started going down, even though she kept wanting to leave, she didn't, she remained and she fought.
-Bad-ass: Again, she fought and did all of these things as the true.... No spoilers... As the true fighter she is!


 Katniss Everdeen: The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
-Strong: Sure, she started going a bit nuts, but god knows she fought and fought for everyone
-Inspiring: She lead a freaking rebellion, she inspired people to fight for what was right and she fought for those she loved, she could've just sat back and been like, I gotta live, you're on your own! But she didn't
She fought.


 Hermione Granger: Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling
-Smart: Harry would've died without her and if Harry died, everyone would've died...
-Brave: All of the things she fought and she went up against along with Harry and Ron, take the whole series as an example.


 Annabeth Chase: Percy Jackson (And Heroes of Olympus)- Rick Riordan
-Smart: Come on, no one could've gotten far without her xD Must I even say it?
-Bad-ass: She faced her biggest fear ! I would've turned around and left xD Not just her biggest fear but all of these freaking monsters and Titans and... Everything!


 Ellamara Rodriguez: Cinder & Ella- Kelly Oram
-Strong: The trauma she went through and she still remained sane at the end.
-Brave: Everything she went through and she continue to go through without complaining.


Who are YOUR top favorite book characters? Email me with the subject line: Characters and let me know