Thursday, February 11, 2016

Review: Grey by E.L. James


Rate:
2/5

Goodreads Description:

See the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey.


In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.

Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty—until the day that Anastasia Steele falls into his office, in a tangle of shapely limbs and tumbling brown hair. He tries to forget her, but instead is swept up in a storm of emotion he cannot comprehend and cannot resist. Unlike any woman he has known before, shy, unworldly Ana seems to see right through him—past the business prodigy and the penthouse lifestyle to Christian’s cold, wounded heart.  

Will being with Ana dispel the horrors of his childhood that haunt Christian every night? Or will his dark sexual desires, his compulsion to control, and the self-loathing that fills his soul drive this girl away and destroy the fragile hope she offers him?


This book is intended for mature audiences. 


Review: 
The author that created the world wide phenomenon of fifty shades of grey come this outstanding and beautifully written-
oh who the shit am I kidding?!

I wish I could write a positive review and not be a shitty person but where would the world be without honest reviews.

So here is mine....

What the actual shit?
Was I on drugs why did I do this to myself
Well I WAS sick that week so the medication could be to blame
It was worse than the first book , which is saying something, I considered dropping the book ever since page one but I was like noooo dont. But then like halfway through I was like. I cant do this, I just cant. I have 5 brain cells left and I cant kill them on this!!!
The book just kept getting worse and worse for me and it was almost physically painful, I typically get excited every time I turn a page of a book but this time I just got scared to see what was next even though I already knew.

I just kept telling myself that it COULD NOT get worse... BUT IT DID!!!!!
Greys inner monolgues were too annoying, what was he? FIVE? It was too primative when it came to Ana in my opinion
like yes baby oh baby id like to do this and that and woah baby like STAHP PLEASE STOP just... say baby one more time

"BABY"



I did learna bit more about his as a character, I liked the behind the scenes stuff we didnt see in the first book but a lot of it I just wish we didnt have to see the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey.

For those of you celebrating Valentines day weekend with this book
Why?

Recommend it?
From the mouth of the Queen herself