Thursday, February 18, 2016

Review: GIrls Like me by Lola St.Vil

Rate:
5/5

Godreads Description:
 Fifteen-year-old Shay Summers is trying to cope with the death of her father, being overweight, and threats from a girl bully in schooll.  When she falls in love with Blake, a mysterious boy online, insecure Shay doesn't want to tell him who she is.   But with the help of her two best friends, as well as an assist by Kermit and Miss Piggy, ultimately Shay and Blake’s love prevails.
     Girls Like Me is a fun and fresh poetic take on teen angst, social media and online anonymity, and high school romance.

Review:
From the first couple of pages, this book was already my jam,
Shay studies those around her and talks about her bad relationship with her stepmother after her fathers death, shes just kind cruising along life, and I can totally relate to that! except for the step mom thing... Its just mom for me
Shays friends talk her into looking at this website in which a whole bunch of students talk to each other and all these things and in it she starts talking to this guy "GODOT"
Now, I feel like many people have done this, start talking to a stranger on the internet and get along very well and then go through this phase of being extremely nervous when it comes to looking at each other for the first time and its this pit in the stomach of being completely disappointing that the person you're talking to might not be who you thought it was or you disappointing them 
I relate to this when with my best friend Angela , shes from Switzerland and the first person I talked to on the internet that I considered my friend. When it came to first seeing each other (pictures) I was scared of this buuuuut it all turned out perfectly okay xD and like I said, she is now my best friend
Anyways, as the book went on it started to pick up a bit more, it went all means girls at one point
No joke, my jaw dropped when it came to what this girl did... actually.. what the whole school did just because they did not approve of Shays relationship with Blake "a.k.a godot a.k.a the guy Shay had been crushing on since forever" 
Seconds after I finished the book I wanted to know when the movie would come out
as you read the book, you seriously seeing it as a movie, sure its oddly written but it made it a much easier read, but still packed a punch in story
It is a must read for all teens, specially if you have ever ... actually its just for everyone out there. Anyone can learn something from this book

Recommend it?
YES, as I said, it is a must read for all teens