Thursday, July 12, 2018

Review: My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins and others


Rate:
3/5

Goodreads Description:
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ...This beautiful collection features twelve gorgeously romantic stories set during the festive period, by some of the most talented and exciting YA authors writing today. The stories are filled with the magic of first love and the magic of the holidays.

Review:
I gotta say, I loved the cover more than I did the book. Some stories were so great and so freaking cute but others just kinda didnt do it for me. The whole thing put together I love the idea for and I always had it planned to read 1 story a day in countdown for the holidays but I never got around to it and in the beginning of summer I was like its now or never. I was expecting super fluffy stories and I really didnt get them but then again, the book is quiet short and it does have 12 stories in it so there isnt many pages that could really contain a lot of a story in them. I guess if the stories had been just a bit longer, then maybe I wouldve gotten the fluffiness that I had wanted.

Recommend it?
Yeah, it was still a cute book. Makes good for the holidays.