Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday B.S: TheReaderDragon

Saturday Blogger Special
Episode 13: The Reader Dragon

This week I get to talk to and introduce Kristy to my blog and we all get to know a little bit more about her ! It's always a happy moment for me to get to know other people more personally, pick at their brains a bit xD
I'd be either a really good TV Host or a really shitty one, depending on what you like to see on TV lol
Anyways, so out of topic!


Name:
 Kristy-Leigh

Picture of Kristy:

Where can we stalk you?

Twitter:
 @thereaderdragon

Blog:

Goodreads:

Instagram: 
@thereaderdragon (booksta) & @kristyleighs (personal)

Tumblr:


1. How long have you been blogging
I've been a member of the Bookstagram community since the earlier months of 2015. I can't remember exactly how long I've been a part of it, but it would definitely be getting close to a year now. I've only just started properly blogging about a week ago.

V: We totally must check it out now!

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
It was actually when I was transitioning my old personal Instagram account over to be a purely book account. I was trying to think of a good name for my book account, and for the mean-time, I had decided to just use thereaderdragon. This was purely because I love dragons, and reading, hahaha. I had never intended to actually stick with the username, because I thought it sounded a bit stupid, and I thought I'd be embarrassed when people I knew in real life found out about my account (IF they found out). And, well.. I grew rather fond of the username pretty quickly, and so it just stuck.

3. What do you include in your reviews?
When writing reviews, I mostly include a quick plot summary, my thoughts, and my rating out of 5. I also include publication information of the book, including where to purchase.

4. What book cant you wait for?
There aren't a whole lot of books that I'm waiting for to be released, but the few that I am waiting on are: 
- The Last Star. by Rick Yancey
- The Burning World, by Isaac Marion
- Book 3 of the Firebird Trilogy, by Claudia Gray

V: My best friend LOVES the Firebird Trilogy but I must admit I have yet to get to it

5. Least favorite book cover?
Gosh, I really don't know. I must say that I am not actually very fond of the orange penguin classic covers.

V: they ARE pretty basic xD

6. Favorite book to movie adaptation
Definitely either The Martian (Andy Weir), or Hellboy (Mike Mignola)!

V: YEESSS The Martian is one of my faves as well xD

7. One book you wish you hadn’t read
Looking for Alaska, by John Green.

8. 5 things you can't leave home without
- phone
- iPod
- book
- purse
- jewellery/glasses

9. #bookshelftruth, how does your bookshelf look RIGHT NOW
 I am so very sorry about the quality - the lighting is quite terrible right now.
read bookcase

tbr bookcase

V: those are some good looking shelves!

10. Tips for new reviewers?
As I myself am a new reviewer, I guess the best tip I have is to read others' reviews for tips. If I can't work out exactly how to word what I'm writing, I look to inspiration from others. But pleeeeease remember not to copy what another person has written. And practice! Write a review of a childhood favourite, or maybe a book that has taught you a life lesson. Just keep on writing, and eventually you'll work out your own style.

V: That is all very true, it takes a bit to find your style but you eventually do xD It personally took me about 5 or 6 months for me to find my style >.> Hopefully it doesnt take other people as much

11. Favorite book genre?
Absolutely anything YA. At the moment, I'm really into anything contemporary.

12. Favorite stand alone?
This is a real tough one! There's a few of standalones that I adore:
- Love, Aubrey - Suzanne LaFleur
- The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl - Melissa Keil
- The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
I'll stop there, or I might keep adding more to the list!

It was an absolute pleasure to get to interview Kristy for the blog for this week, please make sure to visit her profiles, and get to know her a bit more, and her recent book blogging n.n