Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Review: A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest


Rate:
4/5

Goodreads Description:

On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.

A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.

She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.

Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.

Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.

Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks? 


Review:
First in a series, A Shade of Vampire pulls you in from the first few pages
It reminded me of a more intense slightly better version than Twilight. Derek, a prince, falls in love with her at first sight which some could complain that is over done but I was actually feeling it, like I said, more bad ass than Twilight. 
The setting, The Shade was made in such a way that even though you know its a place you probably don't want to be at, or should be if you want to live, you would still go to if you had a chance because yeah there is danger there but the way the set up is described, it is just about guaranteed i'd even pay to see that.
My main reason and probably anyones reason that reads the book is because of Derek, yeah he is a prince and everyone dreams of being a princess, but damn, he is just everything. Like everything in the perfect book boyfriend world, hes got it! Strong, of course, loyal, smart among everything else, of course, he is a vampire and when have we ever met a happy vampire, much less a vampire prince. He could come off as demanding even spoiled in my books but it was all a matter of reminding myself of like , okay, if you were born royal, you would probably be the same way you know?
Now, main character
Sofia.... I don't know why authors do this but often times I feel like they do this thing where the female character is written in a way that they probably meant to sound like they are strong and independent and fierce but end up coming out to be as annoying. 
Which for me was actually the reason I ended up rating this book a 4 out of 5 instead of 5 out of 5, because of Sofia, I dont know I mean,  maybe its because I was expecting this like huge and dramatic  ending that leaves you with your jaw open and on the edge of your seat just like the book started, but I was actually a bit put off by it
I was about to pin point exactly what is was but then I was like wait, that is spoiling everything Vale, why would you do that? Like I am looking back at the review to add final thoughts and start putting things in to yell out my feelings but its like STOP STOP STOP! 
Yall just need to read this for yourselves

Buy Links:
If you have kindle unlimited you may download the book for free!


Recommend it?
Yes, if you are into vampires this is for you! So shoutout to all my fellow twihards, this one if for you