Thursday, May 3, 2018

Review: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Graphic Novel)


Rate:
4/5

Goodreads Description:
You've read the book. You've seen the movie. Now submerge yourself in the thrilling, stunning, and action-packed graphic novel. 
Mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking out of the pages of twelve-year-old Percy Jackson's textbooks and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Now, he and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus's stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. 
Series creator Rick Riordan joins forces with some of the biggest names in the comic book industry to tell the story of a boy who must unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

Review:
Okay to first of. The drawings.
There has been some negative backlash to the illustrations in this book.
Sure, many of the things are different than I figured they would look, BUT I wont hate on them because they are way better than anything I could ever do xD.
Secondly. I LOVED that I can relieve the book and all the important parts all in about 30 minutes or less ! 
Thirdly. I NEED THE REST OF THE SERIES... Like.. Yesterday! 
Oh but one thing that did disappoint me in this book was that there wasn't so much Percy sassyness in the text. 
I feel like it should be a requirement!
But hey... You cant always get what you want.

Recommend it?
MMMMMM... Just... Dont expect too much from it.