Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: The Banes Chronicles- Cassandra Clare


Rate:
3.5/5

Goodreads Description:

Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices can get to know warlock Magnus Bane like never before in this collection of New York Times bestselling tales, in print for the first time with an exclusive new story and illustrated material.


This collection of eleven short stories illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality, flamboyant style, and sharp wit populate the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.



Originally released one-by-one as e-only short stories by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan, this compilation presents all ten together in print for the first time and includes a never-before-seen eleventh tale, as well as new illustrated material.


Review:
Magnus is so sassy.
He is my spirit animal.
Firstly, I want to state that of course I picture Magnus and Harry Shum Jr 
So there is a high chance I will end up using a lot of Magnus Gifs from the Shadowhunter TV show which I had only continued to watch because of Malec of course xD

Anyways
I really liked this book because you get a closer look at Magnus Bane and who he is a person and just,, get a deeper look at him throughout the years which is pretty great because one can only picture what it must be like to live for so many years and be able to do what you do and of course.. Love throughout the years.
I mean, some of the stories could get a bit tedious, but for I enjoyed seeing the characters from the other books on this one. Like an older Will and Tessa, Jem, their Kids, Alec and how he was trying to ease into their new relationship and Magnus's insecurities which based on how he had been treated before, were understandable. 
That is another thing that I enjoyed about this book, the POV of a downworlder and not just that, but a downworlder that had lived long enough to SLOWLY see the change in the Shadowhunters.
Okay I have stayed silent long enough, 
MALEC!
Bless them for putting some Malec in their!



Malec trash that I am, I couldnt simply put one gif in there
I dont even care what you think about that 

Cassandra Clare will be releasing a new Magnus series and boy do I fucking hope it is bombarded by Malec stories and then becomes so popular that it becomes a movie and they sure as heck better have Matthew Daddario and Harry Shum Jr as their respective characters
That is all I needed to say 
okay
Vale out

Recommend it?
YES
MAINLY BECAUSE MAGNUS
AND FUCKING YES
MAINLY BECAUSE MALEC