Thursday, May 17, 2018

Review: The Selection By Kiera Cass


Rate:
5/5

Goodreads Description:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Review:
So I actually reread this one, and well Im currently working on rereading the whole series. I love this series, I dont know why I love it so much but I do. America can be a little stubborn, specially when it comes to Aspen and her feelings for Maxon. But I get it, when you fall in love with someone, you cant help how you act towards them. They could treat you awfully and you would still do anything for them. You would forgive A LOT of what they do. I love the way that Kiera Cass has written these character. How you get to see pieces and bits of Maxon as he slowly starts to bring down his walls and you slowly see the transition of America starting to get feelings towards him, yet she still keeps Aspen in mind. To me, its very realistic, I know I find myself still doing that a lot, its just something you cant help even if you have started to build feelings towards someone else. You always have that other person in mind, you might not be in love with them anymore, but you still have them in mind.

Recommend it?
eehhh.... Yeah, I mean you either love it or hate it XD