Thursday, December 28, 2017

Review: Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch


Rate:
3/5

Goodreads Description:
“I made the wrong choice.”

Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but she isn’t in the mood for Italy’s famous sunshine and fairy-tale landscape. She’s only there because it was her mother’s dying wish that she get to know her father. But what kind of father isn’t around for sixteen years? All Lina wants to do is get back home.

But then she is given a journal that her mom had kept when she lived in Italy. Suddenly Lina’s uncovering a magical world of secret romances, art, and hidden bakeries. A world that inspires Lina, along with the ever-so-charming Ren, to follow in her mother’s footsteps and unearth a secret that has been kept for far too long. It’s a secret that will change everything she knew about her mother, her father—and even herself.

People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more.
 

Review:
The whole book was just a big massive case of history repeats itself and that wasn't a plot twist I was rooting for in this case. For some it might've been romantic but not me. Maybe its because I just didn't care for the characters which if a person doesn't care for the characters then what is the point, because the shittiest of things could happen and we wouldn't give a flying damn.
Also, I can't stand when a character is stupid stubborn, like a freaking mule, like yeah, we are all a bit stubborn and even more so when it comes to certain topics, we are pretty much blind but not Lina, Lina wasn't blind about things, she was closing her eyes!
But anywho! Let me tell you why I liked it.
I just love when characters travel to cities ive never been to and when an author can give me a sense of adventure as the character itself discovered the place. Its beautiful when authors can make that interesting, its like seeing those places for the first time so many different times, seeing it through different eyes but since I have never been to those places, I can't see if they are wrong or not. 

Recommend it?
Eh... Its a skip.