Thursday, January 26, 2017

Review: Like a River Glorious- Rae Carson


Rate:
3.5/5

Goodreads Description:

After a harrowing journey across the country, Leah Westfall and her friends have finally arrived in California and are ready to make their fortunes in the Gold Rush. Lee has a special advantage over the other new arrivals in California—she has the ability to sense gold, a secret known only by her handsome best friend Jefferson and her murdering uncle Hiram.

Lee and her friends have the chance to be the most prosperous settlers in California, but Hiram hasn’t given up trying to control Lee and her power. Sabotage and kidnapping are the least of what he’ll do to make sure Lee is his own. His mine is the deepest and darkest in the territory, and there Lee learns the full extent of her magical gift, the worst of her uncle, and the true strength of her friendships. To save everyone, she vows to destroy her uncle and the empire he is building—even at the cost of her own freedom.

The second epic historical fantasy in the Gold Seer trilogy by Rae Carson, the acclaimed author of The Girl of Fire and Thorns.


Review:
So as much as I loved Walk On Earth a Stranger, like... A lot, I was disappointed in this one a bit. It kept putting me in a slump for some reason. The pace was steady, maybe even better than the last one and I, for the life of me, could not understand WHY I couldnt get through it!
After having to wait SO long to get my hands on it, THIS happens.
We discover more about what Lee can do and of course we see her being strong AF without her being annoying about it. This is a character to look up to and maybe that is why I love her so much, she knows her limits and fights for her loved ones without being absolutely over-kill martyr about it.
The ending of this book left me confused. In the fact that I know a third one is coming out yet the ending for it left me feeling satisfied with the way things where, there wasnt this gigantic cliff-hanger that left me pulling my hair at the roots.
So I finished and I was like... Well... Do I even need to read the last one? Sure there are a few unanswered questions but nothing that I can't live without.
I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Recommend it?
For the fans of the first one, yeah, I mean, after the last ending, you HAVE to. It's honestly worth it.