Thursday, May 5, 2016

Review: Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes- Rick Riordan



Rate:
4/5

Goodreads Description:
Who cut off Medusa's head? Who was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus? It takes a demigod to know, and Percy Jackson can fill you in on the all the daring deeds of Perseus, Atalanta, Bellerophon, and the rest of the major Greek heroes. Told in the funny, irreverent style readers have come to expect from Percy, ( I've had some bad experiences in my time, but the heroes I'm going to tell you about were the original old school hard luck cases. They boldly screwed up where no one had screwed up before. . .) and enhanced with vibrant artwork by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco, this story collection will become the new must-have classic for Rick Riordan's legions of devoted fans--and for anyone who needs a hero. So get your flaming spear. Put on your lion skin cape. Polish your shield and make sure you've got arrows in your quiver. We're going back about four thousand years to decapitate monsters, save some kingdoms, shoot a few gods in the butt, raid the Underworld, and steal loot from evil people. Then, for dessert, we'll die painful tragic deaths. Ready? Sweet. Let's do this.

Review:
 I feel like I have got to stop reviewing Rick Riordan books because I just dont have as much to say anymore xD

Illustrations: I always enjoy the illustrations of these books, the artist, John Rocco is pretty darn good, I just wish that there was more of them throughout the book so it wouldnt seem so long a read.

I felt like this one was a bit slower than the Greek Gods one, I really enjoyed that one which is why I wanted this one so badly, I wanted to buy it and then read it but now I am kinda glad that I checked it out from the library before I did that. Like I said, it just seemed a bit slower, I didn't actually check if there was more characters in the first one or the same amount or if I just found the Gods stories a bit more interested. I feel like that is totally what it is. Percy's sassiness just seeped out more throughout the pages in the first book than this one. Sure he still added commentary and a bit more pop culture references in this one but yeah... I mean it is still a good book but I really like I need to take a break of Riordan

Recommed it?
If youre a hardcover Percy fan yeah, its a must.