Thursday, January 18, 2018

Review: Clockwork Angel- Cassandra Clare


Rate:
5/5

In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...

Review:
Lets see I want to have gathered ideas about this book to tell you about it. I dont know if you know this but when I do reviews the only deleting/editing I do is grammar mistakes because that way I can do my full honest opinion of the book and maybe that way you can see why I rate it the way I do. That is just the way I function, I write what comes to my head in the moment. 

Friends: So the first person that told me I should really check out the series was my friend Jenny over at http://hellojennyreviews.blogspot.com/ (you can see some of my reviews over there :D) and she was going on a Cassie Clare binge read (still is at this point) and really dug it! And I was like okay, one day. And then another recent friend (@atravelingbook) told me that among all Clare books, The Infernal Devices was her favorite and I was like okaaayyyy maybe ill check it out! And so I went online and found a cheap copy on eBay.
The book arrived like 5 days early, I finished the book I was currently on and got right to it!

Writing: I had read the first 3 books of The Mortal Instruments before, and I had started the 4th but it just didn't feel the same. Anyways so I had liked The Mortal Instruments back in the day, ANOTHER friend had introduced the books to me waaay back when the 4th book had just come out and recently, because of the TV show I wanted to reread them and I just couldn't get into it. The writing had not impressed me anymore. Which is why I hadn't been like super excited to start THIS series. But lo and behold the one was so much better! so like unless you HATED The Mortal Instruments, you SHOULD totally pick up The Infernal Devices.

Cassandra Clare: Before I couldn't understand peoples love for Cassandra Clare, I just couldn't I was like okay? over hyped. Then I read The Infernal Devices and I was like okay I see it now! I can totally see why people love Cassie Clare! I can totally get in on this. And of course I am excited to get my hands on Lady Midnight because I heard the setting is LA so I'm like :D HEY! IM FROM THERE!

Spoiled: About halfway through the book I was like okay is this person going to die!? and So I looked it up and I was like WTF and so I looked up Will, Jems and Tessa's fate and I was like omg okay So I totally spoiled it for myself but I wanted/still do to see how they get to that fate and so on and so forth.

Overall: So overall, I really like it, I'm really glad these 2 girls told me the series was worth checking out and that I actually got the book and read it because overall I really enjoyed it.
It was like eh I don't think I like this book, its average and 2 days later I was like this book is okay, meh, and then I turned the page and it was the last one and I was like
WHAT THE CRAP?! I NEED THE NEXT ONE!
I was closed to it but without fully knowing I was into it! I loved it!
I have yet to find a cheap copy but its okay, imma borrow it and one day, ill buy it xD I actually have the third book on its way, by the time this is up I will have the third book already, thanks to a kind seller on twitter :D

Recommend it?
Totally, I do, this is my longest review I have done, what does that tell you?