Monday, February 27, 2017

Review: Internet Famous- Danika Stone


Rate:
5/5

Goodreads Description:
High school senior and internet sensation Madison Nakama seems to have it all: a happy family, good grades, and a massive online following for her pop-culture blog. But when her mother suddenly abandons the family, Madi finds herself struggling to keep up with all of her commitments.

Fandom to the rescue! As her online fans band together to help, an online/offline flirtation sparks with Laurent, a French exchange student. Their internet romance—played out in the comments section of her MadLibs blog—attracts the attention of an internet troll who threatens the separation of Madi’s real and online personas. With her carefully constructed life unraveling, Madi must uncover the hacker’s identity before he can do any more damage, or risk losing the people she loves the most… Laurent included.


Review:

I read the first half of the book in a single sitting... I literally just sat there and read for HOURS and the only reason I left the book was because I needed to go fetch breakfast... And thennnnnnn life got in the way and I was unable to continue reading the book for a while but holy shit was I itching to get back to it and when I DIDDDD... JESUS CHRIST I HATED MRS. P ! WHAT A BIOTCH!
ANYWAYS!
Haters going to freaking HATE!
Stone has done it yet again with another love story that it effortless and not too cheesy to the point where you want to shake the characters and scream at them "YOURE FAKE AS SHIT!"
Madi was lovable, with emotions that were all too relatable and the whole book had an 80s movie feel. But you know. With modern technology.
The book was totally goals for me even though I could never be able to reach that goal because I have always been like STRANGER DANGER when it comes to actually talking to people online. I DO have online friends.

Ange, Jo, Mads, Jenny, Pam

And I do wonder how I let them into my life without freaking out, I guess sometimes you just click. Just like Madi did with Laurent. If you have an online best friend, then you yourself know that exact feeling. I mean, the hour long seminars that they would give us in schools about strangers online are kind of hard to not think about at first. 
This book made me happy, im sure im not the only one who has ever wished their life was an 80s movie, my personal favorite, Can't Buy me Love and Back to the Future. This book however, has proved something to those readers that we all want to hear. You dont need to live in the 80s to live your 80s romance.


And that, makes me happy... Even after having an hour long calc test, not having had enough time to finish it and failing it... So... You know... This book achieved the impossible

Note: Keep a look out for my upcoming interview with the author right here on my blog in May, just a month before the book releases :)

Recommend it?

Freaking yes. Just like All the Feels, all fans of anything, need to read this, its almost like fanception.

BUY/PRE-ORDER THE BOOK
Amazon- Its crazy stupid cheap right now
Book Depository for you international folks
Barnes and Nobles, crazy cheap here as well